Wednesday, August 29, 2007

The Highway in the Sky









From lesbians smoking on the peak to midgets covered in Cheese Nips who refused to take our picture, this hike to Table Mountain in the Tetons was an adventure. Many were invited but Cody was the only one up to the challenge with me on this trip. We took the Huckleberry route to the peak and back, a roundtrip total of about 16 miles and 4200 feet gain in elevation. And we did it in about 6 1/2 hours! Aside from the barrage of Boy Scouts and Hippies attacking the trail at the same time we were, this was a great hike and as always the views were amazing. I find myself wishing I lived closer to the big mountains so that I could do this more often. Some day I'll get over my separation anxiety from the student lifestyle and get a real job, possibly in Southeast Idaho and then my dreams can become a reality.

No comments: