I have to give Jordan congrats on completing a race that most people would think is completly insane. It was the Spokane to Sandpoint race which is a total of 190 miles and is completed in about a day and a half. It took Jordan's team 29 1/2 hours which I think is pretty amazing. It's a 12 person rely team and each person runs 3 times so there are 36 different legs of the race varying in distance from about 4 to 8 miles each. Jordan's first leg was about 5 miles, the second about 7 miles and the last about 4 miles. Needless to say he's a bit sore today but he had a great time. He did pull a dirty trick on me, though, the evening of the first day. I was worried about him because he was going to run his longest leg at about 4 in the afternoon and it was 100 degrees in Spokane then so he had our friend Thomas, who was running with him, call me that evening and tell me he was in the hospital. I panicked for a second before I got it out of him that he was bluffing. I was a bit angry with them both but just happy that he made it home safely. Good job Jordan!
Sunday, August 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Way to go Jordan! Man, this makes my race looks like a pansy race. Good job! I would actually like to do one of those races someday. It looks like fun...hard, but fun.
Jennifer Jolley,
I love that I just found your blog page. Okay so your 2 oldest kids are cute, but that little Olivia might be the cutest little girl that I have ever seen. Can you say Baby Gap model. What a doll!! Hope things are going well for you. I'm excited to read more about what you and your family are doing.
Jamie Mueller Poulsen
Post a Comment