I guess I've learned alot over these last couple of weeks. One of them is that when life gives you lemons, take a vacation. Two weekends ago we awoke at 2 am to the sound of gushing water. It took us about 5 minutes to realize that it was coming from up stairs and pouring down through the walls. We discovered it was quickly flooding the bathroom and Graham's room so we called the maintenance man and started moving everything out as quickly as we could. Within about 20 minutes Graham's entire room and closets, the bathroom, laundry, hall, half the girls' room, hall closet, and into the kitchen were flooded. The guy made it and found the water line to turn off. We threw the kids into the car and headed for the hotel. The funny thing was that while Jordan and I were freaking out, the kids had smiles on their faces from ear to ear. Even Olivia was clapping and giggling. They thought is was the coolest adventure to take off to a hotel in the middle of the night. We spent Friday through Sunday at the La Qunita. We decided to take a hometown vacation. We played tourist in our own town. We went out with friends and had them over to the pool at the hotel and swam, Friday and Saturday. Saturday, we hiked Kamiak Butte with the kids. Monday we went to the movies. It was actually kindof a fun weekend.
We also found out that weekend that we'll be staying in Moscow for awhile. I must admit that at first I wasn't too thrilled, alright, I was devistated and cried alot, but now that Jordan has a full time job here on campus while we look for another one, and it's a really good one for him, things are starting to look up. Actually I feel pretty good about it all.

The kids did a great job on the hike.

Graham thought he was pretty awesome with dad's camelbak.

This was my favorite picture of the day. Olivia just loves to be outside.

Lunch break

Unfortunately, at some point, we had to come home and put things back together. We'll just say it was a good opportunity to reorganize and dejunk.
5 comments:
2 AM!!! What a bad way to wake up. What a good attitude you have about it all. I am glad you were able to have a fun weekend. The picture of Olivia in the backpack needs framed.
Congrats on the job for Jordan. I will call you about details.
congrats on the job and good luck with the clean up. wow, i don't envy you, much. sounds like a fun getaway without the gas bill on top. take care!!
Oh, I am so sorry about your apartment! But I am glad you turned it into a fun weekend. Your kids look so cute on the hike. Jackson loves to wear Wes' camelback as well. He thinks it is so neat. And I agree with Hilary about the picture of Olivia. She is a little ray of sunshine!
oh gez I hope nothing happens like that with our apartment while we are gone. did they figure out what happened...I guess a flood is better than a fire. I hope hillside is going to pay for all your stuff??? and the hotel and what not??? you could have gone up and stayed in our place, its furnished and no tenants while we are gone. maybe I shouldn't post that on the internet. : )
Hey Amanda how are you! Man I can't imagine having a flood in your home. Oh wait we did that at BYU-I! but not at 2 AM and not with kids!
Your family looks so cute! We've got a blog but have it set on private so shoot me an e-mail and I'll send you an invite!
Brooke Banta
Mer01009@gmail.com
Post a Comment