Monday, July 7, 2008
Jaden's Birthday/4th of July Weekend
We had a pretty fun-filled weekend. Thursday was Jaden's 1st birthday so Grandma and Grandpa Nielson, Cody, Kendra, and Kendall, and our family went to Green Canyon. At first Jaden totally freaked out, but after he warmed up to being in the pool, he had a great time. My parents came up for Jaden's 1st birthday so we all got together on the 4th and had a little celebration for Jaden after the Rexburg parade. He received such nice gifts from his grandparents and aunts and uncles. We are truly grateful for the family we have and their thoughtfulness of our little Jaden. We had a little fire engine theme and Jeanine and I had fun decorating for it. Jaden had two cakes; one for him to play with and one that everyone else could enjoy. Does it surprise you that Giff decorated the cake? I think not! I was pretty proud of him. I shoved Jaden's face into his cake and he was not a happy camper. He cried and cried until we put him in the bath and then he perked right up to open his presents. That night we all were able to go to Idaho Falls to enjoy the huge firework show. Jaden thoroughly enjoyed the fireworks. He just sat on his Dad's lap, eating his chips, and watching the show. We had a great weekend!



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am sorry we couldn't be there for his first b-day. We have something for him, I am just waiting to get to the mailbox since Ty has the car for school everyday. Fun pics!! He is getting so big!!
Looks like a great party! I'm glad Jaden had a good first birthday, except for the cake incident ;). We love you guys and hope to see you soon!
we certaily did miss the Giffords during 4th of July. Robert always talks about Giff and parades. He thinks it would be fun to take Giff to a football game or some other sporting event.
Post a Comment