Hey all! I thought I would give everyone an update with what Giff, Jaden, and I have been up to that last while.
Jaden:
Jaden has been doing lots of new things these days. He has been crawling up a storm all over the place, climbing stairs, walking along the couches, eating table food, and enjoying life. He has two teeth on the bottom and loves to move his tongue all around them to make sure they are still entact. He doesn't really like baby food too much anymore and he really hates getting dressed, undressed, and diaper changes. They take away his play time apparently. This last weekend Jaden and I were able to go to a family reunion in Cedar City and Jaden had a few hilarious experiences. First of all, while he was chillin' in just his diaper, he found a tub of ranch sitting within arm's length and thought it would be fun to dump all over himself and the floor. I wasn't paying attention and I came in my brother's living room to find a ranch covered Jaden laughing and smiling at himself as he was licking his hands covered in the dressing. At first, I was not happy, but I quickly decided it was pretty funny. Jaden also recieved his first black eye this weekend. He was playing with his cousins in Utah and smashed his eye on one of the toys. He had a few cuts, but was over it pretty quickly. These are a few things Jaden has been up to.
Gifford:
Giff is trying to juggle working full time, nursing school, a family, and his calling as 4th sunday elders quorum teacher. He is busy busy trying to balance everything, but he's doing a great job. He was a little skeptical of being in the OB area at the hospital this semester for many reasons (you can imagine) :) , but has really enjoyed taking care of the newborn babies. He was able to watch a c-section and thought it was pretty cool as well. His classes have been tough, but worth it as he goes and applies his knowledge every Saturday at the hospital. The nursing staff and his teachers have really enjoyed having Giff around as he makes them all laugh and feel at ease around him. Giff is still going strong with his little Ebay business and recently he was able to sell enough to buy himself a black powder gun kit. He worked on building his gun all memorial day weekend while Jaden and I were gone and he's pretty excited to use it.
Amanda:
Well, I have been going here and there and everywhere. Jaden and I went down to Texas during Easter and Jaden had fun re-getting to know Grandma and Grandpa H. and had fun with the Easter basket they gave him full of stuff his mom and dad won't give him (candy). I am still working at Melaleuca just 4-5 days a month and enjoying being a mom. I just got called to be the 1st counselor in the primary presidency and I am thoroughly enjoying it. I have been going to nursery activities, doing sharing times, and actually having a blast in church. Giff has to deal with Jaden the last two hours which can be a good thing or a bad thing. I went to my family reunion over Memorial day weekend (1st reunion I've ever been to) and was able to see my parents, my brother's family, and many other family members that hadn't met Jaden yet. Jaden survived with the driving of 7 hours strait pretty good. For mother's day Giff gave me a really nice camera so I can start posting more pictures on the blog.
This is what we've been up to and I promise I'll put some pictures up soon as well. We love all of you and enjoy reading about how y'all are doing.
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks for the post Amanda! It's good to hear what you guys have been up to. I'm glad that all your travels went well and you are home safe. We miss ya'all.
Post a Comment