Thursday, May 29, 2008

Finding Our Home in Iowa


We have now been in Iowa for about a week and a half, and Let me tell you all that it is a lot different than Idaho. The weather itself is really different, on Sunday we had our first really humid day. It wasn't really hot but we could tell the moisture was there. We took a couple of days to drive out with Mom and Dad, Spending a night in Sidney Nebraska. Yep, We even got to spend a really short time in the home of Cabelas. When we got to Des Moines, we unloaded and started unpacking things. We didn't get far before we picked up and went to Nauvoo and Carthage. It's all pretty close. This picture is of a house there (I not sure which one it is). It was a very good experience for Jenn and I to go and see the history of life in Nauvoo and learn much about the Prophet Joseph Smith. It was also very interesting to go from the LDS designated sites to the RLDS sites. I would have thought to feel the same in both areas, but there is a distinct difference between the two areas.




Moving is always an interesting experience. About three days before we left Pocatello, I was packing with Jenn in the kitchen when the Folding doors to the laundry closet fell. It gave us a pretty good scare. Then we had a pretty good laugh about how the aprtments has always had little things that just didn't work. Also while packing we found these swim shorts. I put a pair on Luke and it squished his eyes down making a sort of "Grumpy" face. He thought it was really funny, and tried to put one on my head. We had to take a picture.




When we were in Nauvoo, Grandma gave Luke an Oreo Cookie. Like every other kid that has Oreos, it got everywhere. This reminded me of "Chocolate Nah".





Luke Loves Books. Or anything that slightly Resembles a book. Here is has found a Pcket Calender Jenn had from work. he was reading it to us like it was a very interesting story.

School starts on Monday, and I must say that I am a little nervous. I am really lucky to be in the apartment complex here in Des moines, there are a lot of medical school students that are ready at anytime to give any advice. We have been able to take the last two weeks and spend time together and get the house all put together and see Des Moines.

3 comments:

Jordan and Jenny said...

I'm glad that you guys made it alright and were able to enjoy a few things there. We miss you already. Good Luck in school!

melissa t. said...

Love the underwear pic! Glad to hear that you made it out there in one piece. Good luck on your first day of school.-melissa

Greg & Andrea said...

Well i'm glad that you guys made it to Iowa but i miss you all already. Luke is such a cute litte boy. Now who is going to be Eva's boyfriend? Long distance relationships just never work!