
Exciting things are happening here at our house!
Daisy is staying with us while Cody and Kendra are in Hawaii. As you all know, Daisy has been expecting since her last romp with the neighboring chuaua!
Daisy and Buster have been sleeping in the garage at nights. Early this morning, about 5:30 am, Buster was making all sorts of racket so I got up and went into the garage to see what was up. As soon as I opened the door to the garage I had both Daisy and Buster trying to come in and let me know that something was going on. I could hear a small cry coming from somewhere in the garage. Immediately I knew that Daisy had started into labor and the cry was from a new puppy! Buster and Daisy were running all over the garage like they didn't know what to do. It took me a minute but I finally found the puppy BEHIND a board that was leaning up against the freezer. It was cold and wet and VERY new. Buster was very curious about it. He came over to see what it was while Daisy stayed at the door. I think the poor girl was so confused she didn't know what to do. I brought her and the new pup in the house and she ran straight to the office where Buster has a blanket that he lays on under the counter. Daisy has been on it alot since she has been staying with us. I think she knew that she was close to giving birth and had picked that spot to have her babies on but was in the garage when they decided to come. I had a pillow in the garage for her to sleep on and brought it in with the puppy and put them under the counter in the office. Poor girl.....Daisy was all confused. I had to keep putting her on the pillow with the pup. She finally stayed with the puppy and had two more puppies. We thought that she was done....as you will be able to tell by the pictures. She even went outside to go potty. Not long after that I checked on her and she had another puppy! She seems to have settled down and mom and babies are all doing fine.
Daisy is staying with us while Cody and Kendra are in Hawaii. As you all know, Daisy has been expecting since her last romp with the neighboring chuaua!
Daisy and Buster have been sleeping in the garage at nights. Early this morning, about 5:30 am, Buster was making all sorts of racket so I got up and went into the garage to see what was up. As soon as I opened the door to the garage I had both Daisy and Buster trying to come in and let me know that something was going on. I could hear a small cry coming from somewhere in the garage. Immediately I knew that Daisy had started into labor and the cry was from a new puppy! Buster and Daisy were running all over the garage like they didn't know what to do. It took me a minute but I finally found the puppy BEHIND a board that was leaning up against the freezer. It was cold and wet and VERY new. Buster was very curious about it. He came over to see what it was while Daisy stayed at the door. I think the poor girl was so confused she didn't know what to do. I brought her and the new pup in the house and she ran straight to the office where Buster has a blanket that he lays on under the counter. Daisy has been on it alot since she has been staying with us. I think she knew that she was close to giving birth and had picked that spot to have her babies on but was in the garage when they decided to come. I had a pillow in the garage for her to sleep on and brought it in with the puppy and put them under the counter in the office. Poor girl.....Daisy was all confused. I had to keep putting her on the pillow with the pup. She finally stayed with the puppy and had two more puppies. We thought that she was done....as you will be able to tell by the pictures. She even went outside to go potty. Not long after that I checked on her and she had another puppy! She seems to have settled down and mom and babies are all doing fine.
Congratulations Daisy and grandma Kendra and grandpa Cody. Oh....and don't forget to congratulate Great Grandpa Rick!
Anyone want a baby choodle?

1 comment:
Way to be a great Midwife, Jeanine! Maybe you'll be the godmother.
Post a Comment